Maven's Internet Genealogy Magazine Award
I received my pdf copy of Internet Genealogy magazine today. The featured article in the June-July issue is the selection of the Top 25 Genealogy Blogs. Seeing is believing (see below). To say this was completely unexpected would be an understatement. When Bill West of West In New England sent out the news via Facebook I had to ask if he had read the article properly. He said he had. I was surprised, as there are so many more deserving bloggers out there.
I will gratefully accept the award to Shades Of The Departed. The new Shades Of The Departed Magazine appeared the same day as the award and I owe a debt to so many for sticking with me and making the magazine a success. The next two magazines are in the works along with other Shades improvements. So, thank you very much Internet Genealogy magazine, I accept this as an advance on work to come.
But Maven? Well, she has become a cranky cat lady on Facebook. FootnoteMaven the blog has been forsaken for an all out assault on regaining my health. Will she ever be back. Of course; but does she deserve this lovely award. Absolutely not.
So I'm giving fM's award to all those Genealogy Blogs that deserve the recognition for years of consistent hard work and to all the rising stars who've decided to dive in. In essence, to the entire Genealogy Blogging Community. Well deserved.
I wish more of these awards were the result of reader polls. This type of award was done once. In that award the bloggers in the running were selected by the readers and judged by a group of well-respected genealogy bloggers. I am very proud of that award, as it is the readers and my fellow bloggers to whom the credit is due.
The other recipients are:
- The Ancestry Insider, by the "Ancestry Insider"
- Ancestories, by Miriam Robbins
- Anglo-Celtic Connections, by John D. Reid
- Black Nashville Genealogy & History, by Taneya Koonce
- DearMYRTLE, by Pat Richley-Erickson
- Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter, by Dick Eastman
- The FamilySearch Blog, by various bloggers
- footnoteMaven, by the "footnote Maven"
- Genea-Musings, by Randy Seaver
- GeneaBloggers, by Thomas MacEntee
- Genealogy Canada, by Elizabeth Lapointe
- Genealogy's Star, by James Tanner
- GeneaNet Genealogy Blog, by Jean-Yves Baxter
- The Genetic Genealogist, by Blaine Bettinger
- Granite in My Blood, by Midge Frazel
- The JewishGen Blog: A Blog about Jewish Genealogy, by various bloggers
- Little Bytes of Life, by Elizabeth Swanay O'Neal
- London Roots Research, by Rosemary Morgan
- MyHeritage Blog, by various bloggers
- The National Archives Blog, by various bloggers
- Olive Tree Genealogy, by Lorine McGinnis Schulze
- RootsMagic Blog, by various bloggers
- Shades of the Departed, by footnoteMaven
- West in New England, by Bill West
- What's Past is Prologue: Adventures in Genealogy, by Donna Pointkouski